ACCOMMODATIONS IN ABADIANIA
Your guide Sara and all group participants will stay at a Pousada that many international visitors like to call home. It truly is considered to be one of the best Pousadas (similar to an Inn or a Bed & Breakfast) in Abadiania. Almost all of the businesses in Abadiania, including the Pousadas, are run by people who have experienced a healing with John of God or who have a family member who was healed by him. With that in mind, there is something pretty special and personal about all of these places, namely a Love for John of God and the Cause that just kind of permeates everything they do. This Pousada not only has that “special feel” but it is truly is a top rate place to stay! Not only is it one of the cleanest and most modern Pousadas in Abadiania but they offer services and accommodations for their guests that are unquestionably second to none!
- Each room has a private toilet and shower. Further, every one of the fifty rooms have bed(s) with firm mattresses and box springs. This may not sound like such a luxury but there are many places that only offer thin mattresses without box springs. Since a good night’s rest is such an important part of one’s process while working with John of God, this is an amenity that you will grow to appreciate very quickly.
- Another plus is that each room is cleaned daily and stocked with fresh towels and the sheets are changed at least twice a week. Many of the Pousadas are not able to offer these kinds of services to their guests. Again, these are the types of “extras” that really make your stay so much more pleasant. They also provide a laundry service and offer computers and wireless internet. The latter is a service you will quickly grow to appreciate when you want to send a quick email to your friends and family as you relax in your room in the evening before you go to sleep.
- This is one of the largest Pousadas and they offer single, double and triple occupancy rooms so it is possible to accommodate couples, roommates and families. Also, the Pousada is designed with the rooms spread out over several buildings so they can easily accommodate requests that groups be put in the same area. This gives groups a chance to bond more easily and feel like they have their own special retreat. It also gives them a bit of privacy with regard to the rest of the guests in the Pousada.
- Many of the Pousadas do not have common areas where people can spend time together and if they do, the areas are not particularly inviting. The grounds at this Pousada are absolutely gorgeous! It has a large garden and patio as well as a meditation/yoga room, a small swimming pool and a Zen garden with a pond and waterfall. These beautiful surroundings provide a space and ambiance that is naturally conducive to dining and socializing. Whereas the guests in many other Pousadas need to venture out to find places to hang out and meet other travelers, those staying here quickly find that some of their best times take place right on the grounds of their Pousada. Many a late night deep spiritual conversations and much laughter have filled these gardens!
- The meals menu at this Pousada focuses on variety and is therefore pleasing to just about any palate. Love is clearly one of the ingredients that this staff puts into their daily preparations and they take great pride in the fact that much of their food comes from a nearby farm. The variety of food offered is exceptional and provides numerous daily food choices for vegans, vegetarians and meat eaters. To keep things fun and different, they come up with special treats like Saturday Pizza Night!